OUR FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Our "buy-local” approach is based upon the following logic:
1. Locally sourced food is fresher and tastes better and it contains more nutrients.
2. Local food is safer due to more stringent government controls of the food chain.
3. Buying local diversifies the local community’s economy and provides more employment in our immediate region.
4. There is a closer connection to the local farmer giving you the opportunity to actually know the people who grow and process your foods.
5. The environmental impact is minimized because our food is not transported from foreign countries on diesel-fuelled, pollution-spewing trucks, trains or boats.
As respected environmentalist Dr. David Suzuki noted: "Eating locally isn’t just a fad – it may be one of the most important ways we save ourselves and the planet!”